All new real estate subdivision developments (including dual occupant Torrens title subdivisions and Community title subdivisions, but excluding strata developments) are assessed as a subdivision application and offered a standard connection service.

Council conditions

Depending on the scope of your proposal, your local council may require you to lodge a subdivision application, a development application and building application. They may also impose conditions of consent, which must be met before development can proceed.

In most cases, one condition of consent will be that you obtain a Notification of Arrangement (NOA) from us. This serves as an indication that you have made the necessary arrangements to provide electrical services to your development, and that you have met the costs and any other servicing requirements identified by us.

Once you have met all the conditions of consent, you will be able to register your subdivision plan with the Land Titles Office and proceed with your development.

Endeavour Energy may require the developer to grant Land Interests to allow maintenance and operations activities to proceed. Please refer to our Land Interest requirements.

Notification of Arrangement for subdivisions

Prior to approving subdivisions for registration, local councils may require developers to provide proof that the developer has made satisfactory arrangements for the provision of electricity supply to the subdivision.

The Notification of Arrangement (NOA) issued by the local network service provider satisfies this requirement.

For developers to make the necessary arrangements for electricity supply to their subdivision, they must first lodge an application for supply to the subdivision and satisfy the offer for a standard connection service (subdivision and asset relocation).

You can download the terms and conditions by clicking here.

Once all the servicing requirements are met, we will issue a NOA which can be taken to the local council to meet the consent conditions of your development approval.

We will normally issue a NOA after the following conditions are met:

  • development consent has been granted by the local council
  • suitable electricity supply arrangements have been made by the developer to provide the electrical infrastructure required by us to service each lot within the subdivision
  • all fees and charges associated with the provision of network connection services have been paid

Request for early Notification of Arrangement (early NOA)

To assist developers in reducing the overall time for finalising subdivisions, we may issue an early NOA after the following conditions have been met:

  • at least 80% of the electricity network has been constructed
  • a copy of the Level 1 Accredited Service Provider quote for the construction work for setting the value of the bond has been provided
  • an early notification bond, equivalent to 100% of the construction cost, in the form of an unconditional bank guarantee has been paid. We may use the bond to complete the works in the event that the applicant fails to have the works completed to our satisfaction

Compliance certificate for strata developments

An owner of a strata title development may be required by their local council to provide proof that they have made satisfactory arrangements for the provision of electricity supply to the strata development, prior to lodgement of a strata plan.

A compliance certificate may be issued by us for the purpose of providing such proof for strata developments.

In order for developers to make the necessary arrangements for supply to their strata development, they must first lodge an application for supply to the development and have satisfied the standard or LV basic connection service offer that has been issued for the provision of the connection of load service.

After all the terms and conditions of the connection offer have been satisfied, a “Permission to Connect” letter is issued.

If requested, we will issue a compliance certificate relating to the provision of electricity to the development which a developer can then take to their local council to meet the consent conditions of their development approval.