Endeavour Energy is committed to public safety and is dedicated to educating students about how to be safe around electricity.
Electricity Safety Week: 6th – 10th September 2021
Electricity Safety Week is designed to raise awareness of the hazards associated with electricity and help teachers meet the Science & Technology as well as PDHPE syllabus outcomes for years K-6.
2021 Electricity Safety Week resources can be downloaded here:
Electricity & Safety Unit for Years 5 & 6
Endeavour Energy has realigned its free Electricity & Safety Unit for Years 5 & 6 to meet the requirements of the NSW Board of Studies Science & Technology syllabus for the Australian Curriculum.
Developed in collaboration with the Department of Education and Communities, the resources include a downloadable lesson book and four complementary interactive whiteboard lessons that will engage your students in learning about electricity and how to be safe around it.
Free Electricity Safety Week 2021 prize pack
If you are in Endeavour Energy's network area, your school can register for a free Electricity Safety Week 2021 prize pack.
In the pack you will receive electricity safety posters, stickers, activity booklets, quizzes and prizes for your students.
These will be distributed to schools in August, just in time for Electricity Safety Week 2021!
Kindergarten to Year 6 students across the Endeavour network are invited to create a 30-second video that highlights one or more important electrical safety messages.
Entries will be judged on creativity and effectiveness of conveying the electrical safety messages.
The winning video will receive $1,000 for their school P&C Association.
For more information download the Safety Video Competition Flyer.
HOW TO ENTER
- Download entry form and complete all details required
- Read the competition terms and conditions
- Students/schools can enter as a group or as a class
- Entries are to be made on behalf of the primary school by the principal or a teacher employed at the primary school
- There can be multiple entries per school
- No copyright materials can be included (i.e music)
- Each video entry must highlight at least one safety message
- All entries must be received by Friday 24 September 2021
There are two options for entering:
- Email a video download link and entry form to: email@example.com
- Mail your entry on a USB or CD with the entry form to:
Endeavour Energy – c/o Jadranka Landeka
Endeavour’s Electric Kids Video Competition
PO Box 811
SEVEN HILLS NSW 1730
To watch our 2020 winners from St Aidan’s Primary School (Rooty Hill NSW) – click here.