How do you best prepare for a bushfire season?
Make a Bush Fire Survival Plan and ensure everyone in your household understands your plan.
Long power outages are more likely to occur in bushfire weather. Prepare and maintain your property for bushfire season
- Clear your roof gutters and keep your property tidy to minimise fuel around your home
- Make sure you know how to manually operate electric garage doors, gates, and locks – and practice how to do it
- If you have petrol or diesel water pumps and generators, test them and carry out any required maintenance
- If you have vegetation growing near powerlines connecting to your home, contact a professional to see how you can have this trimmed.
If you rely on power for medical or life support equipment, its vital that you have a plan in place in the event of a power outage. Make sure you are registered with Endeavour Energy by calling us on 131 003.
Prepare and maintain your emergency kit
- Keep a battery powered AM/FM radio and spare batteries
- Have a torch and spare batteries ready
See sesemergencyplan.com.au for more information about creating your emergency plan
For a summary of our bushfire readiness information, you can see our fact sheet here.