Endeavour Energy has committed to a future energy that is cleaner, reliable and more affordable for our customers in Greater Western Sydney.
Greater Western Sydney (GWS) has a climate where temperatures during extreme summer events can be up to 6- 10 °C higher compared to other coastal regions in New South Wales.
This means energy consumption (for cooling) is up to 100% higher and heat-related mortality can be up to three times higher during heatwave periods.
And when temperatures increase from 20 °C to 40 °C peak electricity demand can increase by almost 100%.
Our vision for GWS is to help create and connect liveable, productive and sustainable communities that thrive.
We’ll meet this vision by:
- delivering world class infrastructure to the Western Parkland City
- leveraging our engineering excellence and track record of innovation and efficiency
- streamline utility services with our utility partners while improving the customer experience.
Our focus is on three main areas:
1. Distributed Energy Resources
- Updating our grid to cater for two-way flows from rooftop solar, solar farms, batteries and Electric Vehicles
- Continuing to grow the two-way flow of our network. In 2020, our network absorbed up to 20% solar PV penetration
- Partnering to create local energy markets
- Learn more about Distributed Energy Resources.
2. Digital platforms
- Supporting local energy markets through complementary digital solutions where we can provide the communication, sensors and automation required to actively manage the distributed generation and demand across our network.
- Develop and design strategic partnerships with major utilities and industry partners to foster new growth opportunities, overcome delivery barriers and gain delivery capability.