Seniors Energy Rebate

This rebate is available for independent self-funded retirees who hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSHC)

The NSW Seniors Energy Rebate is available for eligible independent self-funded retirees to help cover the cost of their electricity.

To be eligible you need to hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSHC). These cards are issued by either Services Australia or the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA).

The rebate is $200 per household, per financial year, and if your application is successful it will be paid directly into your nominated bank or credit union account.


To be eligible you must:

  • be a NSW resident
  • have a valid CSHC (Commonwealth Seniors Health Card)
  • be the primary account holder named on the electricity bill
  • be applying for the rebate for your primary place of residence.

How to apply:

  1. Check you meet the eligibility requirements as above.
  2. Select the 'Apply online' button via Service NSW, by clicking here
  3. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
  4. Enter the required details.
  5. Submit your application.

If you're unable to apply online, visit a Service NSW Centre or contact them on 13 77 88.

Find out more here