Seniors Energy Rebate
This rebate is available for independent self-funded retirees who hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSHC)
The NSW Seniors Energy Rebate is available for eligible independent self-funded retirees to help cover the cost of their electricity.
To be eligible you need to hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSHC). These cards are issued by either Services Australia or the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA).
The rebate is $200 per household, per financial year, and if your application is successful it will be paid directly into your nominated bank or credit union account.
To be eligible you must:
- be a NSW resident
- have a valid CSHC (Commonwealth Seniors Health Card)
- be the primary account holder named on the electricity bill
- be applying for the rebate for your primary place of residence.
How to apply:
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements as above.
- Select the 'Apply online' button via Service NSW, by clicking here
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Enter the required details.
- Submit your application.
If you're unable to apply online, visit a Service NSW Centre or contact them on 13 77 88.