Family Energy Rebate
The Family Energy Rebate helps NSW family households with dependent children cover the cost of their energy bills.
The Family Energy Rebate helps NSW family households with dependent children cover the cost of their energy bills to the value of up to $180.
Note: The 2021-22 Family Energy Rebate will close at 11pm on 30 June 2022.
To be eligible for the NSW Family Energy Rebate in a given financial year, you must:
- be a NSW resident
- be the account holder of an energy retailer
- have been the recipient of the Family Tax Benefit (FTB) for the previous financial year and have had your entitlement to the FTB payments finalised by Centrelink
- ensure the person in your household who's registered as the FTB recipient lodges the application. The recipient is the person who receives correspondence on FTB from Services Australia.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements as above
- Select the 'Apply online' button on the Service NSW Website.
- Complete and submit your application
If you do not wish to apply online:
- Download and complete the Family Energy Rebate Application Form via Service NSW.
- Attach a copy of your most recent energy bill.
- Lodge your application by post or email to the details on the form.