Marayong Zone Substation
Endeavour Energy has approved plans to replace the existing outdoor Marayong Zone Substation with a new indoor facility to maintain a safe and reliable electricity supply to Marayong and surrounding suburbs.
The project involves:
- construction of a new 33/11kV indoor ZS building to accommodate indoor switchgear and facilities
- replacement of existing transformers with new low noise transformers within new enclosures
- re-configuration of the existing feeder connections into the new ZS as required
- decommissioning and demolition of the existing outdoor ZS, including the control building and outdoor switchyard, after the new ZS is commissioned
- remediation of the existing ZS site and landscaping
Many of the components within the zone substations have reached the end of their service lives and require renewal or replacement. This will ensure a safe and reliable electricity to the suburbs of Marayong, Kings Park, Kings Langley and Lalor Park.
Marayong Zone Substation is at the corner of Raymond Street and Charles Street, Blacktown.
Review of Environmental Factors
Endeavour Energy, as the determining authority, completed a draft Review of Environmental Factors (REF) under Part 5 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979.
The REF outlined project benefits, and the potential environmental impacts and mitigation measures to manage those impacts, should the project proceed.
Public submissions received were considered as part of the environmental assessment process.
The project was approved in April 2018.
The Notice of Determination below outlines the approval of construction subject to several construction and environmental management criteria designed to mitigate the environmental impact of the project.
Stakeholders and residents will be notified of construction works, potential impacts and mitigation measures as per the Notice of Determination.
Project contact details
For further information or to make a submission please contact:
P: 02 9583 6891
How to stay up to date
Would you like to be kept up to date with this project and/or provide feedback on it?