Sign up to CoolSaver and receive a smart thermostat valued at $199, that will allow you to control your split system air conditioner from anywhere, anytime.
CoolSaver is an Endeavour Energy initiative to help our customers save money and use electricity more efficiently and effectively.
This program also addresses the challenge of peak demand usage periods, where large numbers of households use energy at the same time during hot periods. Watch this video to learn about CoolSaver.
What's the problem with peak demand?
High energy-consuming appliances like air conditioners are key contributors to peak demand, and their use only continues to rise. So, rather than building additional electricity network that’ll be used only a few days a year, we’re going to reduce peak demand through energy-saving initiatives.
As a socially responsible business, we’ve developed a suite of programs to support our sustainable approach to energy consumption. CoolSaver is one of them and you’re invited to take part. Watch this video to learn about peak demand.
Comfort, control and savings are waiting for you
CoolSaver helps trim the energy usage of your air conditioner during times of peak demand – which will trim your bills too. We will reward you for taking part in the program with a smart thermostat (valued at $199) that will make your air conditioner smarter.
This device allows you to:
- control your air conditioner from anywhere, anytime using your smart phone
- monitor the temperature and humidity, and change your air conditioner settings
- voice control your air conditioner (if you have Google Assistant, Alexa or Siri)
- set unlimited 7-day scheduling for your air conditioner
- automatically turn your air conditioner on or off when you enter or leave the room.
Watch this video to learn about the benefits of a smart thermostat:
What does CoolSaver involve?
Your smart thermostat will be accessed by Endeavour Energy on ‘Event days’ only. During this peak demand time between 1pm and 8pm, for up to 4 hours your air conditioner will automatically increase in temperature with the aim of lowering its energy consumption. We will notify you of Event days via an email and/or text before the temperature increase occurs. Click here for some cooling tips.
Endeavour Energy will select up to 20 of these Event days in total during the summer period from 1 November 2021 to 31 March 2022. These particular days will be based on when we expect a series of hot days to occur, however weekends and public holidays are excluded.
What’s required to participate in CoolSaver?
To participate in the program, you must:
- be over 18 years old
- have a working split system air conditioner with a remote control
- have Wi-Fi internet access
- have a smart mobile phone
- reside within one of the following suburbs:
Glenmore Park (2745)
South Penrith (2750)
- be the occupier of the house and
- acknowledge that all individuals in your household are of good health and that your participation will not compromise any individual’s wellbeing
How does CoolSaver work?
- Read the CoolSaver Terms and Conditions.
- Register online at https://coolsaver.endeavourenergy.com.au. In the registration form, we ask for your National Metering Identifier (NMI), which is printed on your electricity bill and is a 10 digit or 11 digit unique identifier beginning with 431 or NEEE.
- Once you have successfully registered, you will receive an email with a link to log into your CoolSaver account and verify your mobile phone number.
- Then the smart thermostat will be shipped and you can enjoy all its benefits.
- We will remotely access the device to increase the temperature of your air conditioner automatically, with the aim of lowering its consumption on Event days.
Places are limited so please register as soon as possible.
Together we can lower energy consumption, save money, and work towards a more sustainable world.