National Debt Helpline
The NDH provides you with free access to financial counsellors who can share simple steps with you to get back on track.
ndh.org.au or call 1800 007 007 (9.30am – 4.30pm Mon – Fri) or Live Chat
National Debt Helpline is a not-for-profit service that helps people tackle their debt problems. Their professional financial counsellors offer a free, independent, and confidential service. They are not a lender and don’t make money from their service.
They’re simply there to help you get back on track.
The financial counsellors are non-judgemental, qualified professionals who work in communities across Australia.
When you call, try to have the following on hand:
- details of your income
- a list of all debts
- copies of (or information about) all loan agreements
- details of current and outstanding bills
- copies of (or information about) any court documents you’ve received
- letters about bills and debts that seem urgent
- If you don’t have everything, don’t worry. They’ll work through it with you when you call.
While your debt may seem a scary and an overwhelming problem, it’s important to remember that it doesn’t have to be. There are ways to make your debts more manageable so that you can breathe a bit easier.
Contact the National Debt Helpline for further assistance.
To find out more click here