A smarter way to stay cool and save
The PowerSavers Smart Thermostat plan helps trim the energy usage of your split system air conditioner during times of peak demand when we use our air conditioners to regulate our home climates. Becoming a PowerSaver also helps you save money at those times! This plan ends on 31 March 2023. Watch this video to learn about the Smart Thermostat plan.
Why should you join?
Customers who join the Smart Thermostat plan will be rewarded with a new smart thermostat valued at $199 for your home, at no cost to you. If you already own an eligible smart thermostat, you will receive $100 in gift cards for participating (a $40 Sign Up Bonus and $60 by the plan end date of 31 March 2023).
A smart thermostat has the following benefits:
- control your air conditioner from anywhere, anytime using your smartphone
- monitor the temperature and humidity, and change your air conditioner settings
- voice control your air conditioner if you have Google Assistant, Alexa or Siri
- set unlimited 7-day scheduling for your air conditioner
- automatically turn your air conditioner on or off when you enter or leave the room.
You will also be helping to reduce peak demand and overloading of the electricity network while increasing service reliability.
Watch this video to learn about the benefits of a smart thermostat.
How does it work?
Your smart thermostat will be accessed by Endeavour Energy on what we call ‘Event Days’ only. During the peak demand times (usually between 11am and 8pm) for up to 4 hours, your air conditioner temperature setting will be adjusted, with the aim of lowering its energy consumption.
We will notify you of Event Days via an email and/or SMS before your air conditioner temperature setting is adjusted. Endeavour Energy will select up to 20 of these Event Days in total from when your participation in the plan is confirmed until the plan ends on 31 March 2023. The days chosen will be based on when we expect a series of hot or cold days but will exclude weekends and public holidays. Your air conditioner will operate at a higher or lower temperature during this period.
Want to know more? Check out answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
What’s required to participate in the Smart Thermostat plan?
To participate in this plan, you must:
- be 18 years or over
- have a working split system air conditioner with a remote control
- have Wi-Fi internet access
- have a smartphone
- reside within the Endeavour Energy network area
- be the occupier of the property, and
- acknowledge that all individuals in your household are of good health and that your participation will not compromise any individual’s wellbeing.
How to join the Smart Thermostat plan?
- Read the PowerSavers Terms and Conditions (including Schedule 1 | Smart Thermostat Plan).
- Sign up online*. In the sign up form, we ask for your National Metering Identifier (NMI), which is printed on your electricity bill. If you reside within the Endeavour Energy network area, this should be a 10 character or 11 character unique identifier beginning with 431 or NEEE. Please only enter the first 10 characters of your NMI.
- Once your eligibility to join the Smart Thermostat plan has been confirmed, the smart thermostat or $40 Sign Up Bonus reward will be sent to you.
*If you were part of our previous PowerSavers or CoolSaver program, this is a new and separate program so you will have to create a new PowerSavers account.
Places are limited so please sign up as soon as possible and become a PowerSaver.
Becoming a PowerSaver helps us work together to lower energy consumption, save money, and work towards a more sustainable world.