Initial places have been filled but you can reserve your spot for when we expand the PowerSavers Smart Electric Vehicle Charger plan or offer a similar program in the future.
Becoming a PowerSaver on our Smart Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger plan optimises your EV’s charging schedule to operate outside of peak demand periods (typically very hot or cold days). This could lead to savings for customers on certain tariffs, such as time-of-use. Customers who sign up to this plan will receive a free smart EV charger (with a plan ending on 31 March 2025). If you already own a smart EV charger, we offer a plan ending on 31 March 2024. Watch this video to learn about the Smart EV Charger plan.
Why should you join?
Customers who join the Smart EV Charger plan will be rewarded with a new smart EV charger valued at up to $3,000 (includes a standard installation), at no cost to you. You will be advised if the installation of the smart EV charger is not standard and will require payment. If you already own an eligible smart EV charger, you will receive $300 in gift cards for participating (a $40 Sign Up Bonus and $260 by the plan end date of 31 March 2024).
A smart EV charger has the following benefits:
- monitor and record your EV’s charging times and speed, and change your charging settings
- optimise your charging schedule according to your electricity tariffs or preferences.
You will also be helping to reduce peak demand and ‘soak up’ excess solar generation in your local electricity network, which can affect service reliability.
How does it work?
Your smart EV charger will be accessed by Endeavour Energy on what we call ‘Event Days’ only, and charging may be unavailable during the peak demand times (usually between 11am and 8pm) for up to 4 hours. Alternatively, the charging speed of your smart EV charger will be reduced during these peak periods, with the aim of lowering its energy consumption.
We will notify you of Event Days via an email and/or SMS before the charging speeds are limited or charging is unavailable. Endeavour Energy will select up to 20 of these Event Days per 12 month period from when your participation in the plan is confirmed until the plan ends on 31 March 2025 (or 31 March 2024 if you already have a smart EV charger). The days chosen will be based on when we expect a series of hot or cold days but will exclude weekends and public holidays.
Want to know more? Check out answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
What’s required to participate in the Smart EV Charger plan?
To participate in this plan, you must:
- be 18 years or over
- have a working battery-charged EV or plug-in hybrid EV
- have Wi-Fi internet access
- have a smartphone
- reside within the Endeavour Energy network area, and
- own and occupy a townhouse or free-standing house.
How to reserve a spot for the Smart EV Charger plan?
- Read the PowerSavers Terms and Conditions (including Schedule 2 | Smart EV Charger Plan).
- Reserve your spot online. In the sign up form, we ask for your National Metering Identifier (NMI), which is printed on your electricity bill. If you reside within the Endeavour Energy network area, this should be a 10 character or 11 character unique identifier beginning with 431 or NEEE. Please only enter the first 10 characters of your NMI.
- You will be notified later if the Smart EV Charger plan has been expanded or a similar program is being offered.
- If you do not already have a smart EV charger:
(i) The supplier may contact you to organise a time to visit your property and conduct a site inspection to confirm your eligibility for the program, if required;
(ii) If eligible, you will be offered a contract to enter into with the supplier; and
(iii) After you have signed the contract, your smart EV charger will be installed.
- If you do already have a smart EV charger, once your eligibility to join the plan has been confirmed, your $40 Sign Up Bonus reward will be sent to you.
Initial places have been filled but you can reserve your spot for when we expand the Smart EV Charger plan or offer a similar program in the future.
Becoming a PowerSaver helps us work together to lower energy consumption, save money, and work towards a more sustainable world.