Applications for 2012 intake are now open
As an Electrical Apprentice, you would be involved in the maintenance and construction of electrical distribution networks. This type of work is field based so if you are interested, you should be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions. You must be confident working at heights as much of the work is carried out on electricity poles from a ladder, platform or elevating work platform.
Your training will be varied and interesting and will include:
- erection and maintenance of poles, hardware and overhead powerlines
- installation of underground cabling infrastructure
- repair and maintenance of high and low voltage underground cabling
- jointing and termination of cables in various locations
- the construction and maintenance of pole and ground mounted substations and switchgear, installation, repair and maintenance of street lighting systems
Towards the end of your Apprenticeship, you may work in roles in our High Voltage Transmission team using your Linework and Cable Jointing skills.
Your Apprenticeship will see you gain skills that could provide a great foundation for many career streams within Endeavour Energy as well as within the Electricity Supply Industry.
Undecided about an Apprenticeship at Endeavour Energy? Why not take up our Work Experience program. Endeavour Energy gives year 10, 11 or 12 high school students the chance to do work experience with us to get the chance to develop possible career options. For further info click here